Friday, August 30, 2013

Shoes, shoes, and more shoes

The biggest problem area I find with my clients is their closets.  It seems to be a catch all for everything that doesn't have a place.

To free up some space in your closets, I suggest you start with your clothes.  Go through your wardrobe and donate those items that you know you will not wear again.  My motto is: "If you haven't had it on in over 1 year, it is time to part without tears!"

Another idea is to use pant/skirt hangers to save space.  Hang your handbags, clutches, and scarves in hanging shoe holders (which you can buy anywhere).

Now onto my favorite part!  Shoes!  Like most women, I love shoes.  I usually buy the shoe first then the outfit to match.  I found that my shoes seemed to overrun my closet.  I also felt that I wasn't giving my shoes the proper attention they deserved!  Now my shoes look like this:


It is a clean and simple way to store your shoes.  No more shoe boxes!  I bought clear storage containers from the local dollar store.  Then with my digital camera, I took a picture of each shoe and printed them out.  I taped the picture of the shoe to the inside of the box.  Now I can see where the shoe is, easily pull it out the box, and it is easy to put away at the end of the day.

A cheap project (depending on how many shoes you have!)

Try it.

Alternatively, contact Organize Your Life, Inc. and we can start clearing your clutter for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment